Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I hoped for one interesting thing to happen today so that this blog wouldn't be an endless sea of boredom, and my wish was granted. I still felt pretty crappy this morning so I only went to two of my classes. When I got home Emily and I watched the O.C. and on commercials we were listening to the radio to try to win tickets to the advanced screening of Twilight (once again I missed it by minutes). Then the radio played "Gives You Hell" by the All-American Rejects (a song I greatly enjoy) and the radio DJ says that their cd will be out next Tuesday. Being the music junkie/AAR fan that I am, I knew that their cd release date got moved back to December 16th. I decided this was how I was gonna get my Twilight tickets.
I called, and the the phone rang endlessly, but they finally answered. This is how it went:

"Mix"
"Hey I just wanted to let you know that the All-American Rejects' cd doesn't come until December 16th"
"Are you sure?"
"I'm positive. We were just on their myspace."
"I was just on their website a week ago" -- in a kind of whiney voice.
"So since I caught that, do you think I could get two free tickets to Twilight?"
"No. But nice try" --without hesitation

So I didn't think this was going to go on the radio, or at least not the whole thing, but then they played it right afterward. The whole thing. Emily and I couldn't stop laughing for a long time. It was quite exciting to have my voice on the radio, and to correct a DJ on air.

I also want to add that the change in release date has been in effect for longer than a week, and please don't ask how I know or why I keep track of these bands so closely.

So still no Twilight tickets, but one of the coolest funniest moments of my life.


In other random and slightly less exciting news...
We've been watching Zorba the Greek in English because we have to write a 3-5 page paper on it. And let me tell you, it has become my favorite black and white movie (even though I'm not sure I've seen any other all black and white movies). Its kind of funny, but in a way that I don't think it was trying to be funny. It also had its sad moments. But I thought I'd share the ending seen with you since I found it on youtube. The best line in this scene is "Boss, I have so much to tell you. I've never loved a man more than you." That got us all laughing.
Enjoy!

No comments: